Oh, by the way, Forest Lawn is a cemetery. This may seem a bit weird to some people.
The grounds, of course, are beautiful. And as such.. would lend nicely to wedding photos.
And who would have guessed Frank Lloyd Wright designed a Mausoleum here?
- Photo Ops !!
- Outdoor Wedding possible, with the security of having the chapel for rainy day
- "traditional" setting?
- Neither of us would have to convert in order to be married in a chapel setting (and its not Vegas)
- architectural significance
- on the cheaps
- size and seating is perfect
- Burial ceremonies take priority (could get our reservation bumped)
- reception would need to be elsewhere (not a big deal)
- building doubles as a crematory
- big wooden statues. Which APPARENTLY were not there last year, but are now. Gross.
Sorry Ebenezer Walden. I don't like you.
All in all. Very positive. We are anxious to get inside for ourselves.